This website uses modern construction techniques, which may not render correctly in your old browser.
We recommend updating your browser for the best online experience.

Visit to help you select an upgrade.

Skip to Content
Woman standing in front of her house with a door and a welcome sign behind her.

Supported Independent Living

Find a place to call home in the North and North East of Adelaide with our Supported Independent Living (SIL) service.

We provide individualised support, so you can live more independently.

check out our Current SIL vacancies

download the easy english brochure (pdf 129kb)

What is Supported Independent Living?

Supported Independent Living (or SIL) is an NDIS support. With SIL people live alone or with other people in a share house. Depending on support needs, we have staff available 24 hours, 7 days a week.

What support will I receive?

We will provide you with a welcoming and safe place to live. We provide assistance with daily living tasks like:

  • Household tasks
  • Cooking
  • Personal care
  • Going to appointments with health professionals
  • Taking medication

Am I or guardians involved in decisions?

All clients and their guardians have a voice when making household decisions.

Who will I live with?

We match our clients with people who share similar interests and goals.

What are the houses like?

Our houses are 3 or 4-bedroom houses or adjoining units. You can decorate your room to your personal taste. Each house has an outdoor area for all to enjoy. Family and friends are welcome to come visit.

Where are your houses located?

All of our houses are in the North and North East of Adelaide. We currently have SIL vacancies in the following areas:

Check out our current SIL vacancies

What is Specialist Disability Accommodation and how is it different?

Some people receive funding for Specialist Disability Accommodation (or SDA). SDA is a property or house that has accessible features. These features to make it easier for people to access support. The NDIS provides the funding to the participant through their plan - SDA funding is for housing, not for services or support. An SDA provider must be registered with the NDIS.

How are NDIS SIL supports funded?

Supported Independent Living is funded in the Core Supports budget. The funding you receive will depend on the level of support you need. You can find out more about the funding for SIL on our NDIS Support Prices page.

Do you provide any other NDIS support services?

Yes, we are also registered to provide support coordination and plan management.

What are the next steps?

If you are interested in our support call us, send us an email or fill out the form below.

Supported Independent Living Support Enquiry

This enquiry form is for Supported Independent Living service enquiries. For all other enquiries please use the 'General Enquiry' form on the contact us page.

I am a

Tell us more about your circumstances, the support needs you or the house occupier have and why you're interested in this particular home listing.

“Lighthouse Disability is a great place to work. It’s been clear since day one that the focus is always on the person that we are supporting.”

Nick, Staff Member

“I have enjoyed my time as a volunteer and appreciate your support provided over the last two years. Thank you very much!”

Mihir, Volunteer

“Lighthouse Disability is a positive organisation to be part of. They make my life easier.”

Gerry, Client

— Gill, Parent of a Client

“Lighthouse Disability staff are all amazingly dedicated and our family appreciate all that the team do.”

Madeleine, Sister of a Client